BY CLICKING "I ACCEPT," YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
1. Copyright in these materials is owned by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company and its affiliates and their respective licensors. All rights are reserved by such persons.
2. You are permitted to access and use the materials only for your own personal use during the academic year in which you first download the materials.
3. You are not permitted to copy these materials or to share or transfer these materials or your rights to use the same to anyone for any purpose.
4. You may re-download the materials a maximum of one time during the academic year in which you first download the materials, solely to replace a copy of the materials that is lost, destroyed or damaged.
5. Neither Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company nor any of its affiliates makes any representation or warranty of any kind to you with respect to the materials.
IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS, YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO AND MAY NOT USE THE MATERIALS.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company recognizes the importance of protecting the information that we collect from customers during the process of purchasing a product, or registering for a service, newsletter, or membership area of a Houghton Mifflin Harcourt site. Depending on the nature of the site, we may collect first and last names; home or school address; e-mail address; credit card or other billing information; fax or telephone number; and other information appropriate to the purpose for which it is being collected. It is our policy to use this information, or information acquired through user postings at our sites, for internal business purposes only, and we maintain appropriate security measures to keep this information private. Gathering this information helps us develop websites and products to match your interests. We may share this information with vendors providing contractual services to us, such as (by way of example only and not of limitation) hosting services, tech support, credit card processors, and database managers.
You should be aware that personal information, such as your name or e-mail address, that you voluntarily disclose on bulletin boards or in chat areas could be collected and disclosed by other users with access to those sites. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company cannot take any responsibility for such collection or disclosure.
The following paragraphs summarize Houghton Mifflin Harcourt's policy regarding the collection and use of personal information about children.
Use of personal information
Involvement of parents
In accordance with the provisions of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, we will notify parents when collecting personal information from children, and will seek parental consent before collecting, using, or disclosing certain personal information from children. Parents may review and have deleted their child's personal information, and may refuse to permit further collection or use of their child's information by contacting the Houghton Mifflin Harcourt representatives listed below. Parents may consent to our collection and use of their child's personal information without consenting to the disclosure of that information to others.